Our goal for the marine ornamental market is simple - we want it to thrive, and the key to making it work is for the local Brick-and-Mortar fish store to be successful. We believe the B&M channel is the core "driver" for the industry. This is where newbies learn about marine ornamentals and get hands-on education, and where experienced hobbyist come to refine their skills and get the best animals.
For that reason, we do everything possible to make B&M stores successful.
- We do NOT sell through the nation-wide big-box stores
- We do NOT sell through Internet-Only retailers
- We enforce MAP* pricing to guarantee that everybody makes a profit
- We carefully screen all of our retailers to make sure that they are for real, not just a hobbyist running an operation out of their garage. We go to the extent of using Google Satellite maps to view each new retailers address to make sure it exists and is in a business area, not a residential neighborhood.**
Part of making you successful is also to make sure you have the highest quality products and best support. We do this in several ways:
- FRESH - We make sure that the products you receive are always fresh, with the maximum shelf life. For that reason the products we sell in North America are shipped directly from our facility and only through select distributors. We harvest our products fresh each week so you will always get new products with the longest possible shelf life.
- HIGH QUALITY - We produce the highest quality products in the industry - Period! Reed Mariculture is the largest commercial producer of marine microalgae in the world. We supply algal feeds and zooplankton to universities, marine ornamental growers, and over 500 fish, shrimp, and shellfish hatcheries in 80+ countries around the world. We are also the largest producers of live marine copepods for the Marine Ornamental market with our Tigger-Pod products - and we guarantee them, something nobody else in the industry does.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - We think you will find that we have the very best customer service in the industry. If you have any type of problem with our products, shipping, or invoicing we will go out of our way to make you happy and satisfied. These are not just words - this is what the Reed Family believes in and that permeates throughout our company.
- MARKETING - We actively market the Reef Nutrition products. We have a standing full page ad in the back of each Reef Hobbyist magazine. We also attend all the major, and most of the minor marine ornamental conferences and events.
We hope that you will find all the information you need about our products, our company, and our philosophy here. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
The Reed Family
* Minimum Advertised Price - the MAP price for each of our products is provided with every shipment and it is the minimum price you can advertise and sell our products for.
** In select areas where the Reef Nutrition line is under-represented or local retailers are not available or choose not to carry our product, we may allow an exception.